The prospective operator will receive theoretical training according to the Training Center program. At the end of his / her theoretical training, the candidate may take part in the theoretical examinations conducted by the HCAA, which determines the examination periods. The theoretical training, according to the rules established by the HCAA, has a total duration of fifty (50) hours (UAS Pilot A, B & C) and includes the following items:
Civil Aviation Legislation - Drone Legislation
Air Traffic Rules
Basic air Meteorology
Technical knowledge of Drones
The Drone candidate operator receives practical training according to the approved training program of the Training Center and depending on the license category.
UAS Pilot A: three (3) flight hours and practical examination
UAS Pilot B: seven (7) flight hours and practical examination
UAS Pilot C: twelve (12) hours of flight and practical examination
The theoretical examinations of SEMAs are conducted by the HCAA based on a 350 multi-choice questionnaire covering the entire syllabus. In order for a candidate to take the exam, 3D Drone Academy submits to HCAA a certificate of successful completion of the theoretical training so that he / she can take the exam.
The examiner can choose whether the questionnaire will be in Greek or English. Successful students in the theoretical examinations are considered to score at least 75%. In case of failure or abstention, the candidate may take part in the examinations of the next examination period. The results of the theoretical examinations take two (2) years from the date of issue.
During the practical examination, the following are displayed:
• Technical knowledge of the unmanned aircraft and its support system
• Flight Preparation / Proper Flight / Flight Selection
• Recognizing and managing risks and errors
• Handling in normal situations within the operating limits of the unmanned aircraft and the restrictions imposed by law
• Smooth and accurate execution of all maneuvers
• Demonstration of good judgment in aviation environment
• Applying the knowledge it has acquired
• Keeping control throughout the flight and in all situations
• Handling in abnormal situations including emergency situations.
Upon completion of the practical skill Test, the examiner passes the result to the student and completes the form on which the HCAA will issue the Drone pilot license.
EXAMS SIMULATIONS TESTS
The school offers its students, via an online platform, exams simulations tests for the HCAA exams.
For school students located outside of Thessaloniki, it is possible to attend the class remotely through an e-learning platform.